Game 23 [5 AP / 5 Coaches] Duke (20-2, 7-1 ACC) vs. N.C. State (12-10, 2-6 ACC)
Saturday, Feb. 5, 2011 • 6:00 p.m.
The Opening Tip
• Duke (20-2, 7-1 ACC) faces N.C. State (12-10, 2-6 ACC) on Saturday, Feb. 5 at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Tipoff is set for 6:00 p.m.
• The game is being televised by ESPN with Mike Patrick (play-by-play) and Len Elmore (analyst) calling the action.
• Duke is ranked No. 5 in the AP Poll and ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll, while N.C. State is unranked in both polls.
• The Blue Devils have now won 20 or more games 46 times, including each of the last 15 seasons.
• Duke has won 38 of the last 41 games entering Saturday’s game with N.C. State.
• The Blue Devils are looking for their 15th straight ACC win at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Duke-N.C. State Series History• Duke and N.C. State have met 234 times heading into Saturday’s game with the first meeting between the two schools coming on Feb. 9, 1912.
• The Blue Devils lead the all-time series 137-97, including a 45-23 mark at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
• Duke has won 29 of the last 34 games in the series, including 16 of 17 home games in that span.
• Mike Krzyzewski is 45-20 at Duke against the Wolfpack.
• Duke topped N.C. State, 92-78, at the RBC Center earlier this season. Nolan Smith and Kyle Singler combined for 40 points, while Miles Plumlee and Ryan Kelly each scored 11 points in the victory.
l The Blue Devils’ current 31-game win streak at Cameron Indoor Stadium is the longest active home win streak in the NCAA.l Duke has only lost two home games in the past four seasons, posting a record of 60-2 in Cameron Indoor Stadium during that span.
l Duke has won 53 straight home games against unranked opponents. The Blue Devils’ last loss at Cameron Indoor Stadium to an unranked opponent was to Florida State on Feb. 4, 2007.
l Duke has won 25 consecutive games in the state of North Carolina. The Blue Devils’ last loss in the state was at N.C. State on Jan. 20. 2010.l Duke has scored 80 or more points in 16 games this season. The Blue Devils have won 31 consecutive games when scoring 80+ points.
l The Blue Devils have had at least one player score 20 or more points in 17 straight games. Duke has had two players top the 20-point mark eight times this season, including each of the last four games.
l Nolan Smith is attempting to become the first player in ACC history to lead the league in scoring and assists. Smith is currently averaging 21.0 points and 5.5 assists per game. He is one of three players in the NCAA leading his conference in points and assists.l Mason Plumlee has raised his rebound average an ACC-best 5.6 rebounds per game from a year ago. He ranks fourth in the ACC in rebounding at 8.7 rpg. and has grabbed 10 or more rebounds 11 times this season.
l Nolan Smith and Kyle Singler are the third-highest scoring tandem in the NCAA at 39.1 points per game. They are the highest scoring tandem at Duke since J.J. Redick and Shelden Williams averaged 45.6 ppg. during the 2005-06 season.