[5 AP / 3 Coaches] Duke (12-2, 0-0) vs. Georgia Tech (7-7, 0-0)
Saturday, January 7, 2012 • 12:02 p.m. (ET) • ESPNU
The Opening Tip
• Duke (12-2, 0-0 ACC) faces Georgia Tech (7-7, 0-0 ACC) on Saturday, Jan. 7 at Phillips Arena in Atlanta. Tipoff is set for 12:02 p.m. (ET).
• The game will be televised by ESPNU with Brad Nessler (play-by-play) and Doris Burke (analyst) calling the action.
• Duke is ranked No. 5 in the AP Poll and No. 3 in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll. Georgia Tech is unranked in both polls. The Blue Devils are 64-24 all-time when ranked fifth in the AP Poll.
• Saturday’s game marks the ACC opener for both schools. Duke has won four straight conference openers and 24 of its 31 ACC openers under Mike Krzyzewski.
• Duke, coming off a neutral site loss to Temple, has not lost back-to-back games since losing on Feb. 11, 2009 and Feb. 15, 2009. The Blue Devils are 19-2 following a loss in the last five seasons.
Duke-Georgia Tech Series
• Duke and Georgia Tech have met 84 times heading into Saturday’s game with the first meeting between the two schools coming in 1922.
• The Blue Devils lead the all-time series 62-22, including a 24-15 mark in road games.
• Duke has won three consecutive games and 27 of the last 30 in the series.
• Mike Krzyzewski is 49-18 at Duke against the Yellow Jackets.
• Duke has won 11 of the last 13 road games in the series.
• The Blue Devils have a +15.0 points per game scoring margin over the last three games in the series.
• Duke has posted a double-digit win in 19 of the last 30 meetings.
• Duke is 7-3 all-time in ACC Tournament games against Georgia Tech.
l Saturday’s game marks the ACC opener for Duke. The Blue Devils are 43-15 (.741) all-time in the previous 58 openers.
l Duke is 24-7 (.774) in Atlantic Coast Conference openers under Mike Krzyzewski. The Blue Devils have won 24 of their last 28 conference openers, including 14 of the last 15 league lid lifters.
l Duke has not lost back-to-back games since February of 2009. The Blue Devils are 12-0 following a loss in that span.
l The Blue Devils have posted a double-digit win following each of their last nine losses (does not include season-ending losses) dating back to December of the 2009-10 season.
l Duke has scored at least 40 points in 11 of the last 12 halves. The Blue Devils rank ninth in the NCAA in scoring offense at 82.1 points per game.
l Mason Plumlee leads the ACC with seven double-doubles on the year. He has posted a double-double in three of the last four games and is averaging 11.0 points and 10.5 rebounds during that stretch.
l Miles Plumlee is averaging 9.5 points, 8.5 rebounds and 2.8 blocks per game over the last six contests. He is 23-of-31 (.742) from the field and 11-of-13 (.846) from the foul line in that span.
l Either Mason or Miles Plumlee has grabbed 10 or more rebounds in 10 of Duke’s 14 games this season. Mason has reached double figures in rebounds eight times, while Miles has three double digit rebounding efforts.
l Quinn Cook leads the NCAA with a 4.33:1 assist-to-turnover ratio (minimum 2.0 apg.). Cook has just seven turnovers in 162 minutes for an average of 23.1 minutes between turnovers.
l Duke is shooting 47.6 percent (39-of-82) from three-point range over the last four games. Tyler Thornton is 7-of-8 (.875), while Ryan Kelly is 7-of-10 (.700) from behind the arc in that stretch. The Blue Devils rank sixth nationally in three-point percentage (.429, 115-of-268) on the year.