• Game 18 •
[4 AP / 4 Coaches] Duke (15-2, 3-0) vs. Wake Forest (10-7, 1-2)
Thursday, January 19, 2012 • 7:02 p.m. • ESPN
The Opening Tip
• Duke (15-2, 3-0 ACC) hosts Wake Forest (10-7, 1-2 ACC) on Thursday, Jan. 19 at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Tipoff is set for 7:02 p.m.
• Mike Patrick (play-by-play), Len Elmore (analyst) and Jeannine Edwards (sideline) will call the game for ESPN.
• Duke is ranked No. 4 in the AP Poll and the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll. Wake Forest is unranked in both polls. The Blue Devils are 50-9 all-time when ranked fourth in the AP Poll.
• Each of Duke’s last four games have been decided by 10 points or less. The Blue Devils are 9-1 on the year in games decided by 10 points or less.
• Duke is one of two teams (Baylor is the other) in the NCAA to rank in the top 5 of the RPI, Strength of Schedule, AP and Coaches Polls.
• The Blue Devils have won 63 consecutive home games against unranked opponents.
Duke-Wake Forest Series
• Thursday’s game marks the 235th meeting between Duke and Wake Forest, tying it as the most-played series in the ACC.
• Duke and Wake Forest met for the first time on March 2, 1906.
• The Blue Devils lead the all-time series 158-77, including a 55-16 mark at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
• Duke has won three straight in the series overall and 12 straight in the series at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
• The Blue Devils’ last 13 wins in the series have been by 10 or more points.
• Mike Krzyzewski is 39-23 at Duke against the Demon Deacons. The Blue Devils are 20-8 under Coach K at home against Wake Forest.
• The Blue Devils have won 23 of the last 28 meetings between the two schools.
• Duke has a +18.0 scoring margin during its current three-game win streak over the Demon Deacons.
l Duke has won 63 consecutive home games against unranked opponents. The Blue Devils’ last loss at Cameron Indoor Stadium to an unranked opponent was to Florida State on Feb. 4, 2007.
l The Blue Devils have won 44 consecutive games in Cameron Indoor Stadium with 37 of the victories coming by 10 or more points.
l Duke is 58-1 at home since the start of the 2008-09 season.
l Duke ranks in the top 15 nationally in scoring (80.3 ppg. - t-13th), field goal percentage (.496 - 12th) and three-point percentage (.402 - 12th)
l Mason Plumlee ranks second in the ACC in rebounding at 9.5 rpg. He has led the Blue Devils in rebounding 13 times overall this season, including 12 of the last 14 games.
l Austin Rivers leads the Blue Devils in scoring at 13.8 points per game. He is the only freshman in the ACC averaging over 10.0 ppg.
l Either Mason or Miles Plumlee has grabbed 10 or more rebounds in 11 of Duke’s 17 games this season. Mason has reached double figures in rebounds eight times, while Miles has four double-digit rebounding efforts. One of the Plumlees has collected 12 or more rebounds in five of Duke’s last seven contests.
l Duke is shooting 52.8 percent (238-of-451) from the field at Cameron Indoor Stadium this season. Six Blue Devils are shooting over 50.0 percent from the field at home, including a team-best 69.5 percent (41-of-59) from Mason Plumlee.
l The Blue Devils also have a +9.2 rebound margin in their eight home contests. The post trio of Mason Plumlee, Ryan Kelly and Miles Plumlee is averaging 23.8 rebounds per game at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
l Duke has had a different leading scorer in each of the last four games. Six different players have led the team in scoring this season. Austin Rivers has led the team in scoring seven times.