Duke vs. Maryland
February 15, 2014 • 6 p.m.
Durham, N.C. • Cameron Indoor Stadium (9,314)
ESPN • Blue Devil IMG Sports Network
The Opening Tip
• Duke returns to Cameron Indoor Stadium this Saturday to host Maryland at 6 p.m. The game will air on ESPN2 and the Blue Devil IMG Sports Network.
• Duke’s previous game – a Feb. 12 contest against North Carolina in Chapel Hill – was postponed due to weather and will be played on Feb. 20 at 9 p.m. in Chapel Hill.
• Duke has won 29 consecutive home games, which is the second-longest streak in the nation. Duke is 13-0 at home this season and has held nine straight opponents under 70 points.
• Duke is ranked No. 8 in the Associated Press Poll and No. 9 in the USA Today Coaches’ Poll. The Blue Devils are 75-17 all-time when ranked No. 8 in the AP Poll.
• The Blue Devils are 18-2 against unranked opponents this season with their lone losses coming on the road against ACC foes Notre Dame (77-79) and Clemson (59-72).
The Last Time Out
• Jabari Parker logged his eighth double-double of the year with career highs of 29 points and 16 rebounds to lead Duke past Boston College, 89-68, Saturday at the Conte Forum. Parker hit 12-of-17 shots from the field – also a career high for made field goals – while adding three blocks and five offensive rebounds.
• Duke hit 11-of-21 three-pointers, including five from Quinn Cook who scored 21 points on 7-of-10 shooting from the field and 5-of-7 from three-point range. Cook dished out three assists and did not commit a turnover in 26 minutes.
• Tyler Thornton and Rasheed Sulaimon recorded six assists apiece while combining for just one turnover. The turnover-free performance was Thornton’s fourth in a row.
• The Blue Devils outrebounded Boston College 37-23 with 12 offensive rebounds, including five from Parker. Duke turned those opportunities into 22 second-chance points.
By The Numbers
• Duke returned to the Associated Press Top 10 Monday, climbing from No. 11 to No. 8 in the most recent poll following 20-point wins over Wake Forest and Boston College. Duke has been ranked in the AP top 10 for 302 of the past 334 polls.
• The Blue Devils are one win shy of winning 20 or more games for the 18th straight season and 49th time overall. Duke has won at least 20 games in 29 of head coach Mike Krzyzewski’s 34 seasons.
• Duke has won seven of its past eight games with the lone loss during that stretch coming at the hands of now-No. 1 Syracuse, 91-89, in overtime. Duke has beaten five of those eight opponents by 20 points or more.
• The Blue Devils are shooting .420 (232-of-552) from three-point range this sea