[4 AP / 4 Coaches] Duke (16-2, 4-0) vs. Florida State (12-6, 3-1)
Saturday, January 21, 2012 • 4:05 p.m. • ESPN
The Opening Tip
• Duke (16-2, 4-0 ACC) hosts Florida State (12-6, 3-1 ACC) on Saturday, Jan. 21 at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Tipoff is set for 4:05 p.m.
• Mike Patrick (play-by-play) and Len Elmore (analyst) will call the game for ESPN. The game is also on national radio with Marc Kestercher (play-by-play) and Will Perdue (analyst) calling the action for ESPN Radio.
• Duke is ranked No. 4 in the AP Poll and the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll. Florida State is unranked in both polls. The Blue Devils are 51-9 all-time when ranked fourth in the AP Poll.
• Duke is one of two teams (Baylor is the other) in the NCAA to rank in the top 5 of the RPI, Strength of Schedule, AP and Coaches Polls.
• The Blue Devils have won 45 consecutive home games, one shy of matching the school record.
• Duke has won 21 consecutive January home games dating back to the 2006-07 season.
Duke-Florida State Series
• Duke and Florida State have met 37 times heading into Saturday’s game with the first meeting between the two schools coming on Jan. 3, 1955.
• The Blue Devils lead the all-time series 30-7, including a 17-1 mark at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
• Duke has won five consecutive games and 10 of the last 13 in the series.
• Mike Krzyzewski is 28-6 at Duke against the Seminoles, including a 15-1 mark at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Coach K missed both games against Florida State during the 1994-95 season.
• Duke has won 24 of the last 29 games in the series (dating back to Feb. 22, 1995).
• 11 of the last 16 games in the series have been decided by 10 points or less.
• The Blue Devils have won 64 consecutive home games against unranked opponents, dating back to a 68-67 home loss to Florida State on Feb. 4, 2007.
l Duke has won 64 consecutive home games against unranked opponents. The Blue Devils’ last loss at Cameron Indoor Stadium to an unranked opponent was to Florida State on Feb. 4, 2007.
l The Blue Devils have won 45 consecutive games in Cameron Indoor Stadium with 38 of the victories coming by 10 or more points.
l Duke is 59-1 at home since the start of the 2008-09 season.
l Andre Dawkins is averaging 22.5 ppg. and shooting 57.1 percent (12-of-21) from three-point range over the last two games. Dawkins scored 18 straight points on six three-point field goals during the first half of Duke’s win over Wake Forest.
l Mason Plumlee ranks third in the ACC in rebounding at 9.4 rpg. He has led the Blue Devils in rebounding 13 times overall this season, including 12 of the last 15 games.
l Austin Rivers leads the Blue Devils in scoring at 14.2 points per game. He is the only freshman in the ACC averaging over 10.0 ppg. Rivers leads the Blue Devils with four 20-point games, including 20 points in Thursday’s win over Wake Forest.
l Andre Dawkins is averaging a team-high 15.3 points and 3.75 three-point field goals per game in ACC play. He is 15-of-32 (.469) from three-point range in the last four games.
l Duke is shooting 52.9 percent (270-of-510) from the field at Cameron Indoor Stadium this season. Eight Blue Devils are shooting over 50.0 percent from the field at home, including a team-best 65.2 percent (43-of-66) from Mason Plumlee.
l The Blue Devils also have a +9.1 rebound margin in their nine home contests. The post trio of Mason Plumlee, Ryan Kelly and Miles Plumlee is averaging 23.6 rebounds per game at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
l Duke ranks in the top 10 nationally in scoring (80.9 ppg. - 10th), field goal percentage (.498 - t-10th) and three-point percentage (.407 -