The Opening Tip
• Duke (13-0, 1-0) faces Wake Forest (8-7, 0-2) Wednesday, Jan. 7 in its first road conference game of the season. Tipoff is set for 9:00 p.m. with the ACC Network televising the contest.
• The Blue Devils look to begin the season with 14 straight wins for the seventh time in school history (all under Mike Krzyzewski).
• Duke enters the game ranked No. 2 in the AP Poll and the USA Today Coaches Poll. The Blue Devils are 119-18 when ranked No. 2 in the AP Poll. Wake Forest is unranked in both polls.
• Wednesday’s contest marks the 242nd meeting between the two schools, making it the most-played series among ACC opponents.
• Duke has lost its ACC road opener in four of the past five seasons.
• Jahlil Okafor was named ACC Player & Rookie of the Week after averaging 26.3 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game in leading the Blue Devils to victories over Toledo, Wofford and Boston College.
The Last Time Out
• Jahlil Okafor scored a season-high 28 points and added eight rebounds to lead Duke to an 85-62 win over Boston College Saturday, Jan. 3. He was 7-of-11 from the field and 14-of-17 from the foul line to set a Duke freshman record for made free throws in a game.
• Quinn Cook (15), Justise Winslow (13) and Rasheed Sulaimon (11) also reached double figures. Cook and Sulaimon each knocked down three three-point field goals, while Winslow added seven rebounds, four assists and two blocked shots.
• The Blue Devils blocked a season-high 10 shots in the game with Okafor and Marshall Plumlee each collecting four blocked shots.
By the numbers
• The Blue Devils are one of three remaining undefeated teams in the NCAA. Duke is the only team in the country to win each game by 10 or more points.
• Duke has won each of the first 13 games by 10 or more points, marking the first time in program history it has accomplished that feat.
• The Blue Devils have trailed for just 6:13 through the first 13 games of the season. Duke’s largest deficit this season has been four points.
• Duke is seeking its first 14-game win streak since the start of the 2012-13 season. Duke opened that season with 15 consecutive victories.
• Freshmen Tyus Jones, Jahlil Okafor and Justise Winslow have started all 13 games for the Blue Devils. Mike Krzyzewski has started three or more freshmen in a game 48 times at Duke, including 27 times during the 1982-83 season. The trio combines to average 41.9 points, 17.2 rebounds and 9.0 assists per game.
• Jahlil Okafor has scored 20 or more points in six of the last eight games and is averaging 21.8 points on 73.4 percent (69-of-94) shooting from the field in that span. He set a Duke ACC debut record with a season-high 28 points in Saturday’s win over Boston College.
• Justise Winslow is averaging 14.5 points, 7.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game over the past two contests. He went 10-of-18 (.555) from the field, including 3-of-6 (.500) from three-point range, in that stretch.
• Quinn Cook is averaging a career-high 14.5 points per game while also posting career bests in field goal percentage (.481), three-point field goal percentage (.395), three-point field goals (2.62 3pg.) and free throw percentage (.962). He has scored in double figures 12 times this season.
• Jahlil Okafor has the highest field goal percentage (.682) in the NCAA among players attempting seven or more shots per game. Okafor has shot over 70.0 percent from the field in eight of Duke’s 13 games.
• Quinn Cook has made at least one three-point field goal in each of the past 23 games. He is shooting 40.9 percent (56-of-137) from behind the arc in that stretch. Cook is second in the ACC in three-point field goals (2.62 3pg.) and fifth in three-point percentage (.395) this season.
• Guards Rasheed Sulaimon and Matt Jones combined for 19 points, seven rebounds, three assists and two steals in the win over Boston College. The tandem was 5-of-7 (.714) from three-point range as Duke’s bench outscored the Eagles, 22-5.
• Tyus Jones is averaging 12.3 points, 4.6 rebounds, 5.3 assists and 1.6 steals per game over the past seven contests. He is 20-of-43 (.463) from the field and 38-of-45 (.844) from the foul line in that stretch. Jones has four double figure scoring games, including a pair of 20-point efforts, in that span.
• Duke ranks first or second in the ACC in seven statistical categories (scoring offense, scoring margin, field goal percentage, three-point field goal percentage defense, assists, assist-to-turnover ratio and turnover margin).
• Duke has outrebounded its opponent in 12 of 13 games on the year and owns a +8.3 rebound margin. Michigan State is the only team to outrebound the Blue Devils this season.
• The Blue Devils are shooting 55.4 percent (191-of-345) from the field in the second half of play, including 82.5 percent (52-of-63) shooting from Jahlil Okafor. He is 27-of-29 (.931) from the field after halftime over the past six games.