• Game 11 •
[7 AP / 5 Coaches] Duke (9-1) vs. UNC Greensboro (2-9)
Monday, December 19, 2011 • 7:06 p.m. (ET) • Raycom (RSN)
The Opening Tip
• Duke (9-1) faces UNC Greensboro (2-9) on Monday, Dec. 19 at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Tipoff is set for 7:00 p.m. (ET).
• The game will be syndicated by Raycom Sports and televised on regional sports networks (RSN) throughout the ACC footprint and beyond. Rich Waltz (play-by-play) and Mike Gminski (analyst) will call the action.
• Duke is ranked No. 7 in the AP Poll and No. 5 in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll. UNC Greensboro is unranked in both polls. The Blue Devils are 74-20 all-time when ranked seventh in the AP Poll.
• Duke is coming off finals week and will be playing its first game in eight days.
• The Blue Devils have won 40 consecutive games at Cameron Indoor Stadium and are one win shy of matching the second-longest home winning streak in school history.
Duke-UNC Greensboro Series
• Duke leads the all-time series, 9-0, with all nine wins coming under Mike Krzyzewski.
• The Blue Devils are 6-0 at Cameron Indoor Stadium against UNC Greensboro.
• Duke has a +38.9 margin of victory in the nine wins over the Spartans.
• The Blue Devils have scored 90 or more points in six of the nine meetings with three 100-point games.
Duke vs. the Southern Conference
• Duke is 142-24 all-time against teams currently in the Southern Conference.
• The Blue Devils have won 47 straight games against SoCon opponents.
• Mike Krzyzewski has led the Blue Devils to a 47-2 record against schools currently in the Southern Conference.
l Duke has won 90 straight non-conference home games, the longest current streak in the NCAA. The last home loss against a non-conference
opponent for the Blue Devils was on Feb. 26, 2000 against St. John’s, 83-82.
l The Blue Devils have won 84 straight games at Cameron Indoor Stadium against unranked non-conference opponents.
l Duke is 54-1 at home since the start of the 2008-09 season. The Blue Devils went 17-0 at Cameron Indoor Stadium in each of the past two seasons.
l The Blue Devils have won 40 consecutive games in Cameron Indoor Stadium with 34 of the victories coming by 10 or more points.
l Duke has won 46 consecutive games against teams outside the traditional power conferences (Big Ten, Big East, SEC, ACC, PAC 12, Big 12).
l The Blue Devils have won 32 of their last 35 non-conference contests. Duke is 60-7 in non-league games since the start of the 2008-09 season.
l Duke has won 13 straight games in December with 10 of those wins coming by double digits.
l The Blue Devils are 52-3 in December games since the 2001-02 season and are 169-26 all-time in the month under Mike Krzyzewski.
l Austin Rivers has scored in double-figures in seven straight games, leading the team in scoring in six of those contests. He is averaging a team-high 17.4 points per game in that span, while shooting 46.7 percent (43-of-92) from the field and 44.8 percent (13-of-29) from three-point range.
l Mason Plumlee is averaging 12.2 points per game, while attempting just 7.6 shots per contest. He is shooting 64.5 percent (49-of-76) from the field with 18 dunks on the year.
l Andre Dawkins is averaging 14.5 points in the first half of Duke’s last two games. He is 11-of-17 (.647) from the field, including 5-of-11 (.455) from three-point range, in that span.
l Duke’s post trio of Ryan Kelly, Mason and Miles Plumlee are averaging 36.5 points, 21.0 rebounds, 5.3 blocks and 3.7 steals per game in the last two contests. The group is also shooting 63.6 (28-of-44) from the field in that span.
l Seth Curry is 30-of-32 (.938) from the free throw line and currently leads the ACC in free throw percentage. He enters Monday’s game with a string of 19 consecutive made free throws.
l Duke shot a season-high 44 free throws against Washington and is averaging 28.6 free throw attempts per game on the year. Mason Plumlee and Austin Rivers lead the way at 6.3 and 5.6 free throw attempts per contest, respectively.
l Duke is one of eight teams in the NCAA with five or more players averaging in double-figures this season. Duke has finished the year with five double-figure scorers six times under Coach K.