Saturday, Dec. 28, 2013 • 2:05 p.m.
Durham, N.C. • Cameron Indoor Stadium (9,314)
ESPN2 • Blue Devil IMG Sports Network
The Opening Tip
• Duke returns to action Saturday, Dec. 28 with a home contest against Eastern Michigan. Tip-off is set for 2:05 p.m. on ESPN2.
• Duke is ranked No. 9 in both the Associated Press and the USA Today Coaches’ Poll. The Blue Devils are 52-14 all-time when ranked No. 9 in the AP Poll.
• The Blue Devils are playing their 223rd straight game as a top-10 team in the AP poll. Duke is 184-38 (.829) in that span.
• Duke has had a 20-point scorer in all 11 games this season with Jabari Parker recording an ACC-best nine 20-point efforts.
• The Blue Devils have won 23 straight games in the month of December with the last loss coming to Wisconsin, 73-69, on Dec. 2, 2009. Duke is 179-26 under Mike Krzyzewski in the month.
• Duke has won 100 consecutive home games against unranked non-conference opponents.
The Last Time Out
• Duke improved to 9-2 on the year with an 80-63 win over UCLA at Madison Square Garden Dec. 19.
• Jabari Parker recorded his third double-double of the season, finishing with 23 points and 10 rebounds. He also added a season-high five assists and knocked down four three-point field goals in the win.
• Quinn Cook delivered 14 points, five assists and a career-best eight steals, while Rodney Hood added 14 points and five rebounds.
• Duke held UCLA to 63 points in the game (16.1 points below its season average), while also limiting the Bruins to 40.0 percent (24-of-60) shooting from the field.
• Duke received significant bench contributions from Amile Jefferson and Rasheed Sulaimon in the win. Jefferson finished with 11 points and seven rebounds, while Sulaimon added eight points, five rebounds and four assists.
By The Numbers
• Duke has won an NCAA-best 108 straight non-conference home games. The Blue Devils’ last home loss against a non-conference foe was an 83-82 decision against St. John’s on Feb. 26, 2000.
• The Blue Devils have won 11 straight games when ranked No. 9 in the AP Poll dating back to a 73-67 loss to West Virginia in the 2008 NCAA Tournament.
• Duke has won 23 straight games at Cameron Indoor Stadium (tied for the second-longest active streak in the NCAA) dating back to an 88-70 loss to North Carolina March 3, 2012.
• Duke has had a 20-point scorer in every game this season. The last time Duke started a season with a 20-point scorer in its first 11 games was 2000-01 when the Blue Devils had a 20-point scorer in 17 straight games to start the season.
• Jabari Parker has scored 20 or more points in nine of Duke’s 11 contests. His nine 20-point games are tied for the third-most by a Duke freshman, matching totals set by Johnny Dawkins (1982-83) and J.J. Redick (2002-03).
• Rodney Hood is shooting an ACC-best 55.4 percent (67-of-121) from the field. He is sixth in the league in scoring at 18.5 points per game and tied for fifth with five 20+ points games. Hood has scored in double figures 10 times this season.
• Junior Quinn Cook has scored in double figures in a career-best eight straight games. He is averaging 15.3 points, 2.5 rebounds, 6.4 assists and 1.8 steals per game in that span.
• Jabari Parker (22.1 ppg.) and Rodney Hood (18.5 ppg.) are the top scoring tandem in the ACC (third in the NCAA) at 40.6 points per game. The duo combines to generate 47.5 percent of Duke’s scoring on the year. Either Parker or Hood have led the Blue Devils in scoring in 10 of the first 11 games this season.
• Andre Dawkins is averaging 8.0 points in just 12.1 minutes per game off the bench. He is tied for 10th in the ACC in three-point field goals (1.9 3pg.), while shooting 45.2 percent (19-of-42) from behind the arc. Dawkins is averaging 26.4 points per 40 minutes played.
• Duke is allowing just 66.8 points per game since Tyler Thornton and Josh Hairston were inserted into the starting lineup five games ago. The Blue Devils allowed the opposition to average 75.7 points per game over the first six games of the season.