Friday, December 30, 2011 • 7:02 p.m. (ET) • ESPN2
The Opening Tip
• Duke (10-1) faces Western Michigan (5-7) on Friday, Dec. 30 at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Tipoff is set for 7:02 p.m. (ET).
• The game will be televised by ESPN2 with Mike Patrick (play-by-play) and Len Elmore (analyst) calling the action.
• Duke is ranked No. 7 in the AP Poll and No. 5 in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll. Western Michigan is unranked in both polls. The Blue Devils are 75-20 all-time when ranked seventh in the AP Poll.
• Duke will be playing its first game in 10 days and just its second contest in the last 19 days.
• The Blue Devils have won 41 consecutive games at Cameron Indoor Stadium, tied for the second-longest home winning streak in school history.
• Duke is looking for its 14th consecutive win in the month of December.
Duke-Western Michigan Series
• Friday’s contest marks the first meeting between the two schools.
Duke vs. the Mid-American Conference
• Duke is 7-1 all-time against teams currently in the Mid-American Conference.
• The Blue Devils have won five straight games against MAC opponents.
• Mike Krzyzewski has led the Blue Devils to a 6-1 record against schools currently in the Mid-American Conference.
• Duke is 4-0 all-time (with a +22.2 scoring margin) against MAC opponents at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
• Duke has won five of the seven games against MAC schools by 10 or more points.
• The Blue Devils are 1-1 all-time against MAC schools in NCAA Tournament play.
l Duke has won 91 straight non-conference home games, the longest current streak in the NCAA. The last home loss against a non-conference opponent for the Blue Devils was on Feb. 26, 2000 against St. John’s, 83-82.
l The Blue Devils have won 85 straight games at Cameron Indoor Stadium against unranked non-conference opponents.
l Duke is 55-1 at home since the start of the 2008-09 season.
l The Blue Devils have won 41 consecutive games in Cameron Indoor Stadium with 35 of the victories coming by 10 or more points.
l Duke has won 47 consecutive games against teams outside the traditional power conferences (Big Ten, Big East, SEC, ACC, PAC 12, Big 12).
l The Blue Devils have won 33 of their last 36 non-conference contests. Duke is 61-7 in non-league games since the start of the 2008-09 season.
l Duke has won 14 straight games in December with 11 of those wins coming by double digits.
l The Blue Devils are 53-3 in December games since the 2001-02 season and are 170-26 all-time in the month under Mike Krzyzewski.
l Duke is one of seven teams in the NCAA with five or more players averaging in double-figures this season. Duke has finished the year with five double-figure scorers six times under Coach K.
l Mason Plumlee is one of two players (North Carolina’s John Henson is the other) in the ACC averaging a double-double this season. Plumlee has five double-doubles and is averaging 12.5 points and 10.0 rebounds per game.
l Seth Curry is 34-of-36 (.944) from the free throw line and currently leads the ACC in free throw percentage. He enters Monday’s game with a string of 23 consecutive made free throws.
l Andre Dawkins is averaging 14.3 points per game in the last three contests. He is 15-of-27 (.556) from the field, including 8-of-19 (.421) from three-point range, in that span.
l Austin Rivers has scored in double-figures in eight straight games, leading the team in scoring in six of those contests. He is averaging a team-high 17.0 points per game in that span, while shooting 46.6 percent (48-of-103) from the field and 44.1 percent (15-of-34) from three-point range.
l Miles Plumlee grabbed 13 rebounds in the win over UNC Greensboro without scoring a point to set a Duke record for rebounds in a scoreless game. Plumlee took just one shot from the field in the contest.
l Mason Plumlee is averaging 14.8 points, 10.4 rebounds, 2.6 blocks and 2.0